Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Starting Up

I'm back (and so, thank heavens, is my computer. I've missed it. In fact, I was tempted to write an Ode to an Apple, but I thought I would spare you all).

I've been feeling overwhelmed the last couple of weeks as we start this new business venture. Our to-do-list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter.

So far we've:
  • acquired business number
  • picked up loan forms
  • started a business plan
  • drafted a budget
  • met with feed co-op salesman*
  • opened business bank account
*He was really great. He's local, organic, and very honest about the products he has.

We still need to do these:
  • apply for a farm number
  • finish customer database
  • start tracking expenses (in an organized way)
  • mail out brochures
  • design/write web site content
  • take a deep breath!!!

No comments: