It's been ages since I've posted anything. I'm teaching this year and with the farm business and Moses, it felt like something had to give. I'm still teaching, but I really want to do more writing, and since I've already got this here blog, I thought I'd get my butt in gear and start here. So, without further ado, several days post New Year's Day....
Top 8 Events of 2008
(in no particular order)
1. Moses - specifically his first birthday, but in general, he is a delight and joy, and I am addicted to kissing his chubby cheeks. Oh, I also love to hear what he's thinking now that he's got quite a few words under his belt. (Turns out he mainly thinks about farm animals).
2. Starting a farm business with Henry - We participated in a farmer's market this year, and I loved it.
3. Spending time with family, specifically surprising my sister for her 30th birthday and my family's week-long visit here over Christmas.
4. Practicing Resurrection - It's a crazy amount of work, but the three of us camped with the attendees and had a great time.
5. Mom's group activities - Including library time, swimming, impromptu swim parties at our house, and potlucks. Sadly, most of my mom's group friends have moved away or are back at work, plus the kids don't sit still for that length of time anymore.
6. Getting the teaching job I wanted - I've loved using my brain for more than diaper changes/feeding. (For the record, I teach a seminar one day a week as part of a larger course for a second year English lit reading class).
7. Starting to work out - I know this isn't that momentous, but in October, I started doing 30 Day Shred, which had about a billion great reviews. I LOVE it, and I really notice a difference in my mood. I actually can't wait to start up again since I haven't done it at all this week due to visiting family.
8. Celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary
Goals for 2009
I read somewhere that writing them down makes them more real or something like that, so here goes:
1. Write more - I've got a few articles I want to write, plus I want to post here once a week.
2. Continue exercising
3. Stick to a budget - That involved creating one first.
4. Save money
5. Focus on Moses more - i.e. don't try to write/read/clean when it's our playtime.
6. Practice hospitality on a more regular basis (Anyone want to come over for dinner?)
Hopefully with #1, I'll be back soon to let you know how I'm doing.